Owens Electrical Contractors, LLC is currently seeking a skilled Commercial Electrician.
We are a quality local electrical contractor that has employees with over 40 years of experience serving Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas.
We specialize in new construction, remodels, rewires, maintenance, and service work in the commercial industries.
We are currently seeking to fill this position immediately.
Reasons why you should choose Owens Electrical Contractors, LLC as your next employer:
- Permanent Full-Time Positions
- Typical Work Week consist of Monday – Thursday 6:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Weekly pay along with a very competitive pay scale
- Humana Health Insurance after 90 days of employment
- 8 annual company paid holidays
- 1-3+ weeks’ vacation after meeting eligibility
- Career opportunities with advancement and much more!
Required Key Skills and Characteristics:
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must possess basic mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Must adhere to company’s strict attendance policy
- Must be reliable with a strong work ethic, as well as attention to detail
- Plan, diagram and lay-out for electrician’s work
- Ability to read and interpret electrical plans, specifications, technical service manuals, and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theories, practices, and troubleshooting
- Skilled in the use of testing devices, hand and power tool operation, and equipment employed in the electrical trade
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost-efficient measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective action as needed.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking appropriate questions and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications, and electrical code standards
- Coordinate work with other trades and co-workers on the job
- Be very motivated
- Great leadership skills
- Work efficiently and productively
- Professional appearance and personality
- Regularly lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 100 plus pounds
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, stooping and kneeling on hard and soft surfaces
- Ability to reach, climb and pull
- Safely climb a ladder while walking up and down repeatedly while carrying fixtures, wiring, tools, etc.
- Move-in and around cluttered/confined spaces and uneven areas.
- Possess a full range of motion and flexibility
- Ability to work in varied environmental conditions including but not limited to heights above 10 feet, extreme temperatures, and other outside conditions
- Must be able to bend pipe, terminate, pull wire through conduit, connect/wiring to lighting fixtures, hanging lighting fixtures, install panels and wire receptacles
– Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, a good personality, punctual and are able to pass a drug screen
– Experience as a Commercial Electrician is a must
– Interested candidates will need to submit a complete resume including a detailed work history
– Applications without the requested information will not be considered.
If you think you’d be the perfect fit, simply complete the application below: